C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Go for it!

Sometimes you have to jump in head first and just go for it!

This photo came through my Tumblr feed and it made me chuckle...it seems a little familiar lately.  It was take by Deby Dixon, a photographer who captures the amazing natural world of Yellowstone National Park. Her Facebook Page is worth checking out.



I finished my stick tree today. It's bold and graphic and I do love the patchwork mix of indigo fabrics. I ended up binding it with black fabric so it would blend into the black canvas.                                                                                    

I had to pause and paint the edges of my repurposed canvas....then in the middle of outlining the tree I ran out of dark gray thread so had to pause and make a quick to the fabric store.  

It was a big full spool when I started making all these trees and top stitching stripe stacks. There's something very satisfying about using something up!                                                                                                      
 

The best pause was a trip to the local garden center this morning with Janet....a Christmas feast for the eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment