C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Carpet of Color

I loved the colors in the sunshine the other day...but they were just as beautiful this morning even though it was misty and gray.

A few days ago Paul and I admired this tree around the corner full of beautiful leaves. Now they're mostly on the ground and the carpet of color was spectacular.



The wet leaves on this shrub looked they were coated with varnish...and I love the variation of color.


I made another photo piece today to replace the one that sold.
 
I fuse the stripe stack onto a pice of gold ribbon at the horizon then onto a piece of stabilizer before I do the stop stitching. Because the ribbon doesn't have fusible webbing on the back this creates a little pocket I can tuck the photograph...then I top stitch that last line along the top.




I ended up adding a few more strips to the bottom because I wanted the photograph oriented a little higher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment