C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 19, 2018

Learn As I Go

In between Thanksgiving prep I worked on a couple of projects today....one of them a simple mosaic project.  I repurposed a wide frame with a little 3 inch opening and just happen to have a mirror that fit perfectly. 

I decided to do a blue sea glass color scheme....seemed kind of practical.  All the glass is glued down with Weldbond. 

My hope is that the colors will pop with the dark gray grout....I'll do that first thing tomorrow morning. 
I'm including the picture below so I could mention a few "learn as I go" lessons.  The frame had a crazy black and white pattern so I primed it white.  Then I realized I didn't want to put glass on the the skinny inside rim of the opening so I had to spray paint it black...the only black paint I had here in Lexington.  Finally I could get started.

I did the outside edges first with light blue glass strips and let them dry a few hours so I could handle it without them moving.  

I framed the opening in medium blue then added the tiny square purchased mosaic pieces.  The dark blue squares were going to be the next row...but the math didn't work and there was no way to make them line up without cutting some of the squares down. So I abandoned them and came up with another plan. We'll see....I seem to be saying that a lot these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment