C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, November 23, 2018

Just Close The Door

I spent a good chunk of the day in the studio....and it was great!  It's messy....but still one of my happy places. I use the "just close the door" strategy a lot!

Several pieces on the focal wall have sold and need to come down so I'm going to rearrange things a bit sometime this week.  I'm thrilled to report that my wheat bouquet sold. I'm so glad someone loved it....I really wasn't sure. I also sold that large first glass piece.....I'm so grateful.

I want to make pieces that I think will appeal to people...and sell...so I'm keeping these next pieces simple.  Trees and landscapes seem to be popular so that's what I worked on today. The bottom of this one is hand dyed fabric in 5 shades of aqua.  The top is a commercial fabric and makes for a great sky and the horizon is a batik.

I will add tone on tone top-stitching once I get back to Lexington and it will be mounted around a 12 x 12 deep repurposed canvas.  I like the simplicity...it goes nicely with the mirror I just made.

 

My mini trees and moons seem to be popular so I'm going to try a larger piece framed in black.  The matte opening is about 7 x 9.  I think this scarf fabric is lovely...and this larger piece lets you see some of the ombre. I'm not going to add any other fabric.....just fuse and edge the birch and add a fabric moon.  I may actually fiddle with the birch a bit more now that I see this photo....but just keep simple.
This piece has been hanging down the hall in kind of a funny spot....I think it will work on the focal wall too.  And I have a few other indigo pieces I'm playing around with.


No comments:

Post a Comment