C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Danglers

"We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden."  Alfred Austin

I was going through some boxes and came across this little pendant I made quite some time ago.  It's a photograph of Bessie, my grandmother....and it's one of my favorites photos of her.  She was such a classy lady.

I shrunk the photograph, sandwiched it between two very thin pieces of glass, wrapped the edges in copper foil tape, and soldered it securing the rings into the solder.  Then I added the blue bead dangle.  I think it's sweet....and I will find a place to display it.

 

I spent the almost the whole day working in the gardens in Lexington....there's always something to do.  I love the way the Solomon's Seal flowers dangle from the bottom of the stem....almost hidden. They're so delicate and sweet.

And there's no better dangler than bleeding heart.....this photo was taken on a walk in Portland a few days ago.







2 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought of when I say your Grandma Bessie dangling is that it would be so cool to decorate a Christmas tree with all kinds of danglers that start with a family member's photograph. B&W photos and colorful bead danglin'.

    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! Christmas trees tell a story with ornaments collected over time and adding in photographs would add to that story. Thanks for reaching out!

      Delete