C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Stripes

I'm back in Lexington for a little stretch....and I left Joan's puzzle at the "almost done" stage at the condo.  

What's left is red brick and whitish background....but it will go fast and be the perfect project as I settle back in later this week. I kind of like letting a puzzle sit at this stage....partly because if drives my friend Becky crazy. 😉

Over the past week or so I've been cutting some of my bright striped fabric into strips....lots and lots of strips. I'm scheming with Jane who is on a sewing roll in her "stay at home" mode and she's going to help me out with a quilt. She's a master quilt maker.

I had a pack of pre-cut 6 inch Kaffe Fassette squares....which will make the center of a long cabin pattern. I cut them down to 4 inches...and will use the extra pieces for some sort of a border. This quilt will be a team effort....and I'm so grateful for such an amazing and generous friend.
So today's block #41 was inspired by some bright striped scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment