C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Foam Flower

I was grateful to hear from Linda this morning identifying my mystery plant as foam flower.  And it's still as amazing and beautiful as it was yesterday....but now it has a name.
In yesterday's post I talked about garden days.....and this was another marathon one. 

Other than a lovely walk with Janet this morning....much of the rest of the day was spent pulling weeds.  But there is satisfaction at the end of it when you can sit back...dirty knees and all...and put your feet up and enjoy the absolutely beautiful day. There might have even been a little nap as a reward.

Do you see the large fox tail fern in the basket? 

I've had it for years and years and winter it over inside. It was starting to get a little tired looking and is most certainly root bound and I almost dumped it last fall. But I decided to try and get another year out of it so wintered it over again. I trimmed off all the dead branches and gave it a good soaking and we'll see how it does. The basket is a little tired too....found this....and one just like it....for free by the side of the road a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment