C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Transition Day

I had a flurry of activity this morning before I left Lexington and headed to Maine and I snapped some photos before I left of some wider views of the backyard gardens I've been working in.  There's still more to do....but they look pretty good from a distance.  I see I still have the newspaper tucked into my wreath keeping the birds from nesting....it might be time to take that out.



I have a scraggly lilac bush blooming behind the garage. 
It really should be cut down and started over.  It only blooms way at the top out of reach.


I left some sticks and balls in the garden....but had to bring some with me to Maine to enjoy....along with some lily of the valley and another sweet white spring bulb flower.  I will enjoy them on my puzzle table and hope the allium balls continue to open up.  I'm guessing the others will still be blooming in the garden when I return.  
Transition days are often busy...and it's always a little difficult leaving something behind.  But tomorrow I'll be settled in and make the rounds in my little gardens at the condo....and finish that puzzle!  And maybe I'll even sew a little!
Speaking of balls.....I dropped off my striped fabric at Jane's in Ocean Park..... and was quite taken with this little pile of ready to applique circles.  A nice little splash of color to tack on at the end of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment