C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Home Stretch

You're probably sick of hearing about it....but I have just one row of white squares left on my quilt wall hanging.  Sorry....but you have no idea how much joy that brings me.  The other day I pulled the other half off the wall and laid both halves on the bed so I could plan the colors.  One row of colors for the last white strip...and one on each side as it gets stitched together.




There's a lot of handwork ahead of me still....but it certainly feels like the home stretch.  I've been stitching the last couple of evenings....so I'm making progress on the white strip.



Today's block # 30 is inspired by blue skies and this sweet little rock....and it's pink friend hiding behind the daffodil from my morning walk.                                                 
Do you see the rock?.....and the pink friend?



Speaking of home stretches....my friend Jane just finished a sweet rainbow sea creature quilt she's been working on for a few weeks.  Each little creature is made up of lots of tiny pieces....the seahorse, for example, has 35 pieces!  It's spectacular!! Way to go Jane!


No comments:

Post a Comment