C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Playing With "Clips"

A few days ago I saw an edited image on Instagram that caught my attention and asked the artist how it was done. She used the "comic book" feature of an app called "Clips".....I was off and running. I get pretty excited (and absorbed) when I have something new to play with...and it makes for good creative entertainment.

The first images I imported happened to be ones I snagged from my sister-in-law Alyson's Instagram page of grape hyacinths and honeybees. I loved the way the lines, colors, and shadows came through in the comic book version.  I shared my little video of several of her photographs with Alyson after I made it and we ended up having a delightful interaction.....a wonderful by-product of my playing with Clips.

This is Alyson's original photo.


 Another "Clips" comic version.....



....and Alyson's original.


This is one of Alyson's tulip photos and a screenshot of what my phone screen looked like when I was in the app. I know I only scratched the surface of what the app can do....but I learned that the uploaded photos or clips end up making a little video. You can see I played around with 14 photos (clips) for the video and under the "effects" star is where I found the "comic book" feature.  I took screenshots of the "clips" and dragged them into iPhoto so I could crop them down to make a simple photo. I generally can get where I'm going with my limited skills...but not always on the straightest path.
Remember my torn paper rainbow wreath I made a month or so ago? I think it makes an interesting comic image and I love all the squiggly color details and patterns.  I'm sure I'll be playing around with "clips" again at some point....it makes me smile.  
Today's quilt square #26 was loosely inspired by the rich blue of grape hyacinth. I chose three polka dotted fabrics to give a nod to the details of the flower.                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment