C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 11, 2020

Loyal Farvorite

This made me chuckle:  Just once, I want a username and password to say "close enough." found at love print studio

It was a perfect spring morning to be working in the gardens....or for anything for that matter...and today I'm celebrating the almond bush in the corner of my yard in Lexington.  It's a profusion of pink and once its done blooming I'll trim it way back and it will grow back up all season and show off again next spring. It has become a loyal favorite.


                                 
If you look closely in the first photo you can see the tall purple allium coming along right behind the almond bush....or as Paul calls them "sticks and balls."  I love how the blooms are tightly packed into these little sacks and soon they will burst open into baseball sized purple blooms.....certainly one of my favorites!

A pop of pink and purple for today's block #35  and a little yellow for yesterday's #34 inspired by the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment