C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 25, 2020

Happy at Home

39 years ago today (on a Monday Memorial Day actually) I married Paul Coven Shupe in a little church just over the Iowa state line into Missouri.  It was the day after we graduated from Graceland College in Lamoni, Iowa and our reception was held in the college dorm lobby.  I've always been proud to say that our whole wedding... including the dress that I reworked myself cost around $500.  Total.


Even after all these years we're still figuring some things out....but I can't imagine my world without him in it.  He loves me and I love him and that is enough. Today we took a scenic drive, picked up lobster rolls and enjoyed the rest of the day at home....we're both quite happy at home. 


All decked our for a college hoedown.....we knew how to party in Iowa.


No comments:

Post a Comment