C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 4, 2020

Wabi-Sabi Easter

Wabi-Sabi: finding beauty in the imperfections of life and celebrating the natural cycle of growth and decay.

Today I'm celebrating Wabi-Sabi Easter. I bought 3 small daffodil potted plants and Paul got a lovely pot of white tulips for Easter....and we've been enjoying them for weeks.  They've been slowly fading...but as you know I've grown to appreciate all the phases of a bloom.

But today was the day to snip the blooms....and enjoy them in a different way.

I think these dried daffodils are spectacular....even a more vibrant yellow than they ever were!



They each seem to have a personality all their own....I love the little curled petal on this one.

The tulip petals shriveled up in an interesting way...they are completely dry...
and completely beautiful.


I think they really pop in my orange bowl....


....along with the the extra daffodils.  The liturgical season of Easter lasts 50 days.....so we'll be celebrating Wabi-Sabi Easter for a while longer with this lovely centerpiece.


No comments:

Post a Comment