C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Heavy Heart

"I weep, and I hope. I smile, and I stare into the distance. I curse, and I pray. For the world...our world. As it was. As it is. And as it yet may be."  Dan Rather

I drove to Maine this afternoon.  The air is cool and dry and the birds are singing as the sun is setting.  But my heart is heavy. 



I just talked to my sister Nancy who lives just a few blocks from the devastation and mayhem that is happening in Minneapolis.  Her local grocery store, pharmacy, and mom and pop restaurants are destroyed and her post office has burned to the ground.  There is so much injustice on so many levels with this...it's heartbreaking and scary.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment