C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 28, 2021

Blooms

Thank goodness for Clarke.....my technology wizard. Clarke is my niece on Paul's side and many of you know she helped me set up this blog way back in January of 2015.  She has been working on my subscribe by email issue...and she's figured it all out with a few days to spare.  I don't know what I would have done without here....she's amazing!  Thanks Clarke!

Those of you who subscribe will get an email from me describing the change and for at least tomorrow two emails with this post....the old service and the new one from Mailchimp. Clarke will delete the old subscription service tomorrow once we are certain it's working.  PHEW!!!

OK....now onto more important things.

I was standing at my kitchen window this morning and noticed that my Stewartia tree is blooming.  

The buds start as round pearls and open into delicate white flowers.  

 

The yellow stamen looks like fireworks coming out the center. It's a lovely tree...with lovely blooms....right outside my kitchen window.

And this hosta bloom is quite grand.  I'm not a huge fan of hosta blooms....but I do this one at this stage.

It belongs to the second hosta in from the front.  I love this lime line up: the lime green grass, the lime hosta with the dark edges (part of the the one I saved from the garage)...and the taller one with the lime green edges and the grand bud.


And how can I not include this mini.  

The bloom is going to be just a regular purple hosta bloom...but the plant is awesome....one of my favorites. The variegated leaves are no bigger than my thumb.  I've divided this one over and over and over....sharing it with anyone who has been interested.  So this plant hasn't filled back in yet...but by this time next year it will be twice as full....unless someone wants a piece of course.  

I have buds on several more plants....so be warned that there will be more posts celebrating blooms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment