C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Happy Toes

This is what you get when you're at the pool by yourself and you try and capture the joy of a morning swim on a hot day.

But I really wanted to share my happy toes! Both Paul and I really enjoy our morning swims.....he was on his bike this morning.

Speaking of water....for better or worse....I'm taking another class. It's called Celtic Seascapes by Izzy Moore, the same instructor I took the Swirls of Color class from. Izzy lives in the UK and is a textile and embroidery artist. I've gotten to know her through her class, social media, and now her podcast: Izzy and Gina...In Stitches.

https://www.instagram.com/izzymoore.art/

https://www.isobelmoore.co.uk/

This was my main Swirls class project....and I went on to do several other things using skills I learned. Seascapes will be a similar process....but I enjoy Izzy's teaching style and I know I will learn something new.  And....the structure of a class will get me sewing again.....and what's not to love about the sea.


I'm just getting started.....I'm watching a lot of the videos ahead so I know what's coming. We will work at our own pace so I will spread it out over time and I will be sure to share some of my progress. And...it will certainly involve a lot of these fabulous sea colors. 


This is one of Izzy's Seascapes....I love the rain! 


No comments:

Post a Comment