C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Colorful Abstract

I've been trying to come up with a few little hand projects to take on an upcoming girls trip....more on that later. My evening paintings have been piling up....and I thought they needed a little something before I made them into cards.  

So I'm going to add black thread details on this one....and to be honest it was hard to stop once I got started.

So why stitch rather than use a black pen or paint? 
1. I like to stitch.
2. I like to mix my media.
3. It adds texture.  
4. But really.....I just needed a little hand project to take on my trip.  
😉


I tried another painting experiment last night....and it had the potential to go terribly wrong. 

I gridded the watercolor paper with washi tape.  I knew I wanted touches of black....but I'm not always successful adding them at the end.....so this time I added them at the beginning. I used my fineline applicator and black acrylic paint and just scribbled. At this point I thought....oh no....this is not going well.  
It felt a little hopeless....but I channeled a little Jackson Pollock and just went for it. I already thought it was going to be terrible.....so why not go for the full monty and see what would happen. I dabbed, swished, and splattered....all the colors.


But it's not all that terrible. It's kind of wild....and with a little restraint I think there's potential with the concept.


And if you isolate some of the squares....they're kind of interesting...in a crazy and colorful abstract kind of way.  There's a couple I actually quite like.

And speaking of colorful....look was Paul came across on his morning walk in the rain. No, he didn't pick them up.  I love this little assembly of trucks and vehicles....and it makes me smile thinking of some little boy or girl making up stories and their head as they dug and loaded the mulch.  

Colorful creative play....just like what I did with the paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment