C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 14, 2021

In The Neighborhood

There's a tree in the neighborhood that drops these skinny leaves in the spring.  I did a little research this evening and found out that it's a Little Leaf Linden...and one site called these "leaf-like wings" that surround the flowers. It will flower in the summer and the bees and hummingbirds love them.

I pick some of these up every year....I just love the color and shape.

I'm now seeing the little buds that will bloom on down the road....and I'll be looking out for them.
I'm going to watch them for a while and see how they dry....along with the daylily blooms I deadheaded.  One lily bloom is from a couple days ago....and the other two from this morning. I'm kind of chuckling as I just wrote that wondering who in the world cares about when I deadheaded my daylily.  So either you've stopped reading by now anyway....or you're just humoring me.....or maybe you understand why celebrating little things is a good thing.  It's a joy thing.


Also in the neighborhood I put the last little bit of mulch on Jim and Sandy's garden this morning....and it's flourishing.  It makes me so happy that they're enjoying it so much.....they've got a nice view of it from their patio.



I love having these two in the neighborhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment