C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Pink

I'm celebrating pink today.

I fell in love with these whimsical and wispy pink flowers scattered all through the meadow yesterday.....like something you'd find in a Dr. Seuss Book. 

   


The mowers are starting to leave an unmowed berm around the pond in our condo complex to keep grass clippings from getting in and help with erosion.  This allows more wildflowers to come up along the banks....and lo and behold these wispy pink flowers are there too.  

And just this evening I did a little research and I'm pretty sure they are called "catchfly"....new to me!  And now they're just steps away from my door.


And how can I not celebrate the pink of my rain lilies....lots of buds coming.

And I have to share these pink lupin Alyson happened upon in Colorado!  I love her photographs of all the stages.....I've not seen Lupin quits so plump,


There's even a touch of pink in the 1000 piece forever stamp puzzle finished on Margie's table.  She had fun with this one....and I will to! The move to "forever" stamps was one of the best things the Post Office has done!


No comments:

Post a Comment