C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Little Landscapes

"Here's to practicing courage out in the open!" Morgan Harper Nichols

I've still been doing some evening painting now and then....but couldn't share them until now because they were for my 4 x 6 cards.  This time I taped off the paper and painted little landscapes. This first one was for Brenda....I kept it very simple just swishing on sky and land colors.


When I mounted it to the card I added some curvy stitching.  My only regret is that I didn't follow the rule of thirds.....the horizon line is too close to the middle...it should have been a little higher or lower.  But mostly I was pleased with this first one.

As an afterthought I added some gold circles....not sure it really work out.

For Becky's I was going for more of a county field kind of thing...giving a nod to both of us growing up on farms. 

I've had this skinny washi tape for a while....and I've found a good use for it.

I think I liked it at the stage the best. 

I wasn't as wild about the next fields....but it's OK. I wished I would have used more variety in the colors or patterns. 

To cover up a little mis-step with a gold pen I added the fiber along the horizon....looks a little better in person I think.  This time I stitched along the tape lines.  As I look at this I wonder how it would have looked with black thread for the stitching....or colors.  Another time.


For my keeper card I used the same field theme....with a little variation adding loose grasses in the fields.

And a little touch of gold paint.  I do love my gold paint pen...maybe a little too much.

I think my little landscapes for round 15 were a reasonable success.

Round 15

No comments:

Post a Comment