C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Sunflowers

If you know me at all.....you'll know how much joy I got out of these photos Barbara had on her Instagram Stories of Eliza.

Sometime soon I'll get her journal back to work on....and she's already working on mine.  And if I'm reading this photo correctly I may have some sunflowers in my future.  And that makes me pretty happy!

I'm pretty jealous of that hat!

And I'm a little late on this project.....but maybe....just maybe I'll have some other sunflowers in my future too.  My sister Nancy overbought sunflower seeds....so she shared some with all of us sisters.  

Mine have been sitting in these envelopes for quite some time....lovingly labeled with all the directions.  They've even had coffee spilled on them.  

I'm going to give Eliza credit for the nudge....and getting me thinking about sunflowers.....because now the seeds are out of the envelopes and in this big pot. I don't have any garden in full sun....but I can move a pot around to maximize the sun I do have on the patio.  My sister Marilyn had good luck last year growing sunflowers in a pot...so maybe I will too.  Time will tell.

I just deadheaded the last rain lily....and they are taking a little bit of a break.  I know there are more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment