C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Delightful Start and End

There's a garden I like to follow on one of our walking routes....and Paul and I checked it out this morning.  I've been photographing this garden for years....there are unusual plants that I love to watch through all their stages along with some of my tried and true favorites like zinnias. 

Today we had a special treat because the owner saw me photographing her daisies and came out with a pair of shears to share a small bouquet.  We had a wonderful chat finding all kinds of connections and common ground.  It was a delightful way to start the morning.

I was especially fond of all the stages of the unfurling daisies....and this stage was my favorite.


Then there was this....an afternoon into the evening on Casco Bay with dear friends....Jay, Janice and Brian. 

It was calm to start......


....but once we got out away from land a bit it turned into quite an adventure.  There was no chance of tipping over....but I was hanging on most of the time....so not a lot of photos.  It was kind of exciting...and I knew we were in good hands.


It wasn't all wild....there were some calm seas...enough so that we even had dinner on the boat. A delightful end to the day.  How lucky am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment