C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Vintage Tins


I've got a good start on Philippa's Vintage Tins puzzle

And it makes me happy when I sit down at my table and there's a little pile waiting for me to assemble. 

Like most of my puzzles....I'm taking taking it slow so it lasts a while.


Philippa did a live Instagram video where she shared the stories of these collected tins and she showed us what was inside. She spent a long time trying to open one that was stuck.....and finally got into it but the end of the video.  It was filled with almost the exact same things I got in some tins from Angie....buttons and and other sewing notions.  I have such fond memories of looking through my grandmother's button tin.

Paul had a collection of old bandaid tins he was ready to get rid of after the move....he's a bit of a collector too.

We decided to keep a few and transfer the bandages from the cardboard boxes into the tins from now on. Form and function....and a good way to honor his collection.  And it's just more fun to open a tin than a cardboard box!


This particular tin was from his high school years because he recognized the 69 cent Derby Hill Market price stamp on the top.  He should know....because he worked at the Market most of those high school years....and summers home from college.  They really wanted him to stay on and make it a career as a manager.....but I think he made the right choice.


This is another one we kept....and it's full of Band-Aids again. Gotta' love vintage tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment