C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 20, 2021

Best Gift Ever!

Paul knows me well....and came home from Colorado with the best gift ever! He calls it a pine knob....and I absolutely love it.  His buddies teased him for bringing me a stick....but the joke's on them.  

They are all still working and Paul is retired because we've saved so much money because he brings me gifts like this....for free!  I'm just kidding....but for me it's better than flowers or jewelry.

This is where it will live for now....but it will be a perfect addition to the driftwood sculptures in my gardens.  

 

Here are the guys....together again and closer than ever! This was the 10th year in a row (other than 2021 because of COVID) that they've been gathering at the cabin.

Paul's gift got me thinking about the cabin....and a family trip back in 2012.  I thoroughly enjoyed going back through my photos...and actually found a couple of the posts at the cabin made from the pine knobs. 

Paul's mom, Margie, and her kids....at the cabin.

Paul's dad had already passed away and Nate couldn't join us....but this is the rest of the Shupe crew at the time.  It's a magical place...and I know why the guys keep going back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment