C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Orange

I started and ended my day with a pop of orange!

Paul found this orange donut on his morning walk....and I will admit I feel a little guilty knowing some toddler is missing the orange layer in his stacking toy. I wish there was a way to track down the owner. 

Our boys had one of these....and I'm guessing most of you either had one or have at least seen one.  It's a classic!  

 


And just as I was turning down my street on my evening walk I found this Chinese lantern pod right in my path! I felt like I found gold.
For some reason....nearly 6 months after the move....I finally filled the printers drawer.  It was fun handling all these special little items again....every single one has a story. I may still tweak it here and there....but it feels right to have it full again.  I'm also trying to figure out what do on the top of the bookshelf.  One might have thought that the drawer should have gone higher....but that just didn't work for me.  It will limit what I can put there...but it will be another great place to display collections. Like many things around my house....it's a work in progress.


And one of those things is an old cheese box that was one of my requests from Angie.  She always had it displayed with dice....so that's what I'm doing too.  For those of you new to the blog, Angie is one of my older sisters who recently passed away.  She was a huge inspiration to me in every way and she is missed.


In case you missed it....you can read how I got a little sidetracked when I packed up the printers drawer back in January....it's good for a chuckle:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/01/sidetracked.html

No comments:

Post a Comment