C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 14, 2021

"I Spill Things"

It's always a treat to go to the "Art in the Park" show in Mill Creek Park in South Portland.  Other than being beastly hot and humid....it was a delight to be in this beautiful setting looking at art.





I always have enjoyed the gardens in this park...and I need to go again when it isn't so hot and there's a little more indirect light. 

I didn't buy a thing....but there was an artist who was mounting her little etchings on foiled origami paper....and they were very sweet.  It got me thinking.....I have origami paper!  

The artist used whole pieces for her background....but I was inspired to cut some of mine into strips for a quick creative experiment today.  I auditioned a few things as a focal point but set it aside until I was inspired.

But then I came across this little snippet again from Angie's stash. It made me laugh out loud when I found it a while back......and it made me laugh again today.

I think it's perfect!  I love the juxtaposition of the fancy papers with the reality of spills. It kind of made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment