C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 2, 2021

Thinking....and Doing

I look at every single piece of mail...and every paper product that comes into the house and look for pieces and parts that can be useful....for something....anything at all.  After all....what's better than free! And sometimes I get something that sparks an idea and I just have to pause and do it.

That's what happened today when I flipped through this recipe magazine from the grocery store.  I ripped out the recipes I might want to try first....then the rest was up for grabs.  

What struck me was the nice weight and texture of the pages...and the variety of color and type of the fonts throughout. I've wanted to do something with just words...and since I couldn't stop thinking...I got busy doing. 

I punched up a bunch of 1 inch squares...and glued them onto a piece of lightweight gray cardstock in a staggered brick pattern.

Then using a technique I've used again and again I repunched the squares with a larger punch and ended up with the little mosaic squares I love.  

This is why it's important that the substrate is not too heavy...so you can punch it again.  

Then I glued these onto another piece of cardstock trying to rotate and arrange them the best I could.


This is where I ended up for now....but it may not be where it finally ends up. I've got a couple of ideas....but it may sit for a bit and I can stop thinking about it for a while.  


One of my all time favorite project using this technique is a mirror I made from flower photos I took....I posted about it several times. Someday I'll do another mosaic project with photos....I had a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment