C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Funky Ribbons

"Sometimes I only need to stand wherever I am to be blessed."  Mary Oliver

This is the gift Mother Nature gave us last evening!  Paul and I just stood in the yard and stared until the mosquitos drove us in.

Becky got her 4 x 6 card today and she wondered how I did the great circles in the middle. I had to admit that I couldn't take any credit for them....it was just a piece funky ribbon.

I assembled Becky's card pretty much the same way I did Brenda's....with just a hint of restraint. 

I fused the parts onto a substrate and stitched fibers over the seams with invisible thread. This inspiration ribbon was much wider this time so ended up being more of a focal point.  
Here's my little collection of funky ribbons....I'm certain the top three are by fabric designed Kaffe Fassett.  I'm not so sure about the bottom one.  I bought them a while back thinking they were so much fun....and really haven't used them much yet. But now they are finding their way into this round of cards.


Next week I'm going to use this one as the inspiration for my keeper card. 

For those of you who many not know....I have been exchanging 4 x 6 art cards every week with two friends for almost a year.  You can read about how it started it here in this post: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/08/something-new.html

All the cards can be viewed by clicking on the "4 x 6 Exchange" label on the right of the blog....or using this link: http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/search/label/4x6%20Exchange

It occured to me as I was writing this post that this ribbon looks pretty good with the sunset photo from last night.  Maybe I'll just call this digital version good for my keeper card....or not.

I used a bit of the bottom ribbon in this simple art quilt for my "Unexpected Horizons" show back in 2016. Some of that wide circle ribbon I used on Becky's card would have been awesome on this piece. Maybe I'll need to make another one!


No comments:

Post a Comment