C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Wonky Stripes

I picked up a paintbrush again last night....and painted messy wonky watercolor stripes.  At the time I thought it was pretty bad....but in the light of day it seemed to have potential to cut up for little three piece collage squares.  

When I isolated little sections....the wonky stripes seemed to be less bad have a little more personality.



I searched my watercolor scraps...and made a few simple collages.  Again...oddly satisfying.



The squirrels have been feasting on the mushrooms....and someone left me a little gift on the rock wall.  Before I tossed it into the woods....I looked closely.


The somewhat wonky pattern in the holes was just beautiful.  It always pays to look closely.  


2 comments:

  1. Hi, MaryAnn - I don’t think the watercolor stripes are wonky at all. The pastels are just beautiful and remind me of sherbet. Yum!
    The mushrooms were so plentiful in our neck of the woods this year (CT) and some were giant mutants. I don’t know if you’ve seen or heard of the Netflix movie, Fantastic Fungi. I haven’t viewed it yet but heard it was really good.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence on the stripes Roseanne....they grew on me after I cut the piece down a bit. Yes...the mushrooms have been incredible this year. I just wrote a whole post about them last Monday....and I mentioned that documentary. I watched it...and loved it! Thanks for being in touch.

      Delete