C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 28, 2024

A little Less Perky

Back in May of 2021 I wrote a post about some fabulous magnolia blooms and created this little montage. 

They appeared to be dancing....and I remember I couldn't stop looking and photographing. I'm not even that big of a fan of magnolia....but the graceful curves and colors were mesmerizing.


Yesterday morning the same thing happened...but this time the magnolia blooms were starting to fade and the background landscape was way more brown. But I had the same feeling I had back in 2021....and I couldn't stop looking and photographing. I was smitten with these wabi-sabi beauties.

I got to chuckling as I was making this montage. If the version back in 2021 reminded me of young ballerinas in their prime....this year's montage is the senior citizen version. Still beautiful and graceful.....but the curves were a little saggy....and overall...just a little less perky.

I can make senior citizen jokes now that I'm 65. I've got a few several brown spots...and I'm a little saggy and less perky myself...and I'm just fine with that. I actually don't mind getting older and all that comes with it.

Paul and I were on the road this afternoon and have landed in Perry, Maine for a few days with our dear friends Patsy and Brian.  We're excited about a change of scenery and time with people we love in their beautiful home on the coast of Maine. I will find nuggets of joy and maybe some color in unexpected places to share here.

But finally....I couldn't help but share this on the heels of yesterday's color post. My neighbor and friend Patty is active in the Portland Rotary and her team recently painted this US map on the playground at the Amanda Rowe Elementary School.  

It's 20' by 30' and will not only be an educational tool but fun for the kids to play on!  Hawaii is there....just didn't make the photo. Well done Patty and your Rotary team!

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person....it's just a few miles away.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, these two photo montages together are perfection! Well done. Have a grand time in Perry with Patsy and Brian.

    ReplyDelete