C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Hodge Podgy

Another Sunday of this and that.....catching up on a hodge podge of things that bring me joy.  Sometimes joy is a little hodge podgy!  

This quote from Donna Ashworth caught my attention this morning.  I think I've become a hopefulist.....sprinkled with a little joy of course.

It's been a too long since I finished my last puzzle....so I started working on these colorful marbles today. 

It's comforting for me to have one going on my table for my breakfast and coffee time...and all those in between moments here and there throughout the day. The border is done and I'm slowly sorting the pieces into my album boxes. 

And how lucky am I to have a table full of treats!  And there's my little found object arrangement still in the background. I spent the morning with my friend Marita...and she brought me tulips!

And my sister and her granddaughter Maeson sent me cards and coloring.  They spend a lot of time together doing arts and crafts together...and I hit the jackpot today!  

 

My niece Clarke is in town....and she brought me the fabulous frame for an early birthday present!  

Every time I talk about Clarke...I have to acknowledge that she's the one who helped me get this blog started...and continues to be my tech support.  

She'll be consulting with me later this next week.  


She's here with her boyfriend Seth...and today they did the mailboat run on Casco Bay. 

We also had a family pizza night on Friday....and for the Maine Shupe family to have a group of 7 is amazing!  We're generally a small...but mighty group.

And finally every once in a while I have to share my wordle for the day. I love it when it just works out like this in just three tries....starting with one letter...then getting three...then getting six!

There you have it...my Sunday catch up! And how can a post that includes the words hodge podgy and hopefulist not ooze joy!

And how fun is the word blimp!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a hopefulist hodge podgy blog post full of joy and bright color, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for embracing my hodge podge celebration Dotty!

    ReplyDelete