C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Thing to Share

I'm sharing today's Story of the Day from Flying Edna:

 "There is something to be said for living quietly and loving the things you love without any explanation."  Kia Skye  

I love this quote. Although I am good at loving the things I love...I often don't do that quietly here.  I usually have an explanation here.  But I think that's my point.

But for everything I share here that I love...there are dozens more each day that I just love quietly.  


I'm sharing this youtube video from Marian that actually made me teary. It's worth watching...this little boy really understands that what you practice you get good at....and you should practice joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMML1jkBePQ

I'm sharing the link to my Rhythm and Movement homework on my Instagram page for the Conscious Creativity course.  Although we looked for implied movement in still lines and images...I've paired many of them with actual videos of movement in my reel.

Philippa sends a personal video with feedback each week and among other things I was charged with being less literal and more abstract. 

I think I accomplished that in some cases....and I'm fairly happy with my results.   Take a look if you're interested....there's a little glimpse of the marbles and balls in motion.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5_9--exaxY/

Dotty has shared examples of rhythm and movement she's noticed on her morning walks.  That brings me joy.

And finally...I'm sharing the fact that Paul gets home late this evening. 

He's been away with friends all week and I've missed him.  We are better together.  And we will have so many things to share with each other.

And I don't think the forsythia was in bloom as you enter our complex before he left...so he's in for a treat!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, thank you! I will be 'chewing' quietly on and loving so many concepts you've SHARED here, letting them percolate without any explanation : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letting things quietly percolate is a good thing.

      Delete