C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 21, 2024

What a Difference

"The secret, Alice, is to surround yourself with people who make your heart smile. It's then, only then, that you'll find Wonderland." Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

What a difference it makes to have my partner back home.  This afternoon we took a walk around Mackworth Island....it's always a bit of a wonderland.

It was a bit windy...but the views and grounds were beautiful as always.


So many spring greens and interesting textures.

 

I did some cleanup in my gardens this morning...and what a difference a little sun and warmth makes. So many things are up or just poking through. 

My bloodroot is about ready to bloom and I love the way the buds poke through the leaves before they unfurl. I just love watching spring emerge.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, so happy to know Paul is back in place. And spring is getting itself set in place too!

    ReplyDelete