C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Opportunity

Our power came on last evening and warmed the condo up just in time to crawl into bed.  We were so grateful.  

"If you are actively exploring, appreciating and experimenting with the world around you, your work will always be richer for it." Philippa Stanton

Right in the middle of a puddle of emotions yesterday afternoon an amazing opportunity presented itself.  A gift actually.  A generous and wonderful gift that lifted my spirits and put a spring in my step.

Many of you know that I am a big fan of Philippa Stanton...also known as 5ftinf.  She has been one of my influential teachers and a constant source of inspiration.

I just found this oak leaf pressed
in a book and fell in love with the
 beautiful cut-out in the middle.
Philippa helped me learn how to really look closely and appreciate the world around me...finding beauty in imperfection and joy in the tiniest of details.

Philippa is offering a six week Conscious Creativity course similar to the one I took several years ago as part of a whole series of things to help fund an upcoming book. And much to my surprise and delight....Philippa has gifted me a spot in the class. It starts Monday....as in tomorrow!


I already had a busy month ahead...but why wouldn't I take advantage of this generous offer and wonderful opportunity....most things can wait.  Of course I will make a donation to Philippa's book project....and I am tickled to have the chance to learn from her again. 

The rest of April is going to be a wild ride....and I'll be taking you along for some of it!

The lesson this week is titled "On Looking, Seeing, Noticing and Perceiving..."

By the way...

Dotty let me know that the beautiful thread wall from yesterday's post belongs to Kathie Sever.  And article about her  beautiful machine embroidery can be found here.

Thanks Dotty!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet of Philippa to gift you a spot in the class, MaryAnn.

    Giddyap! Wild ride starts tomorrow! I'm so excited that you'll be taking us along for some of it. Woo hoo!

    I added a comment this afternoon to your Joy in the Storm post of two days ago; letting you know in case Blogger doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty....such a wonderful opportunity I just couldn't pass up.

      I did see your comment....on my storm post. You always find just the right passage! Thank you!!!

      Delete