C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 19, 2024

Is it silly?

 Is it silly that getting Wordle in just two tries makes me kind of giddy? 

I think not.


Is it silly that I celebrated the watercolor residue in the bowl yesterday before I washed up the marbles? The moment I saw the paint was leaving marks in the bowl I started swishing them around to create even more. It's that child thing again!


Is it silly that I played with this basket of found balls today?
If it adds a little joy to my day....I think not!

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember the TV commercials for Trix cereal waaaaay back in the day? Your repeated use of the word silly released a memory of the commercial's punch line: Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!!!

    Every element in your post is teriffic. But that bowl of paint-covered marbles swished around—FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly? Absolutely not! I can't help but admire your ability to find that JOY in everything. Getting Wordle in two is an event celebrate!
    Now that I think about it, should we all be a bit more - a lot more- silly? Isn't that sometimes the precursor to joy?
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete