C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Pardon My French!

What a wonderful day this has been!  My joy list is long...but here are a few of the highlights.

Paul and I had a nice walk this morning and it was fun seeing further emergence of pine needles on the hackmatack.

And aren't they adorable!  They look like little brooms.                      


I enjoyed a breakfast with some of the family...
and got a call from my other son during breakfast.


It was warm enough for our first happy hour on the patio! Sam gave me these socks one year for my birthday so I wore them in honor of him today and they're a nice pop of color against the still very brown woods.

According to my socks....and pardon my French....I'm super f#%&*ing awesome!    

   

And today...Sam gave me this little basket of veggie erasers.  Just like me...Sam is a child at heart.  We like colorful little things.

It's going to live right on the window sill for a while right next to "hopeful." Thanks again Patty....I feel hopeful every day!
And finally....I turned 65 today and am officially celebrating Medicare and free passes to State Parks!

I enjoyed calls, texts, cards and a few handmade gifts from family and friends. 

How %&*#$ lucky am I! 

Pardon my French!  😉

10 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, (pardon my French, hahaha, but) joyeux anniversaire! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the little basket of veggie erasers—high marks to Sam : )

    And those hackmatack branches! Spectacular birthday decoration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....good one Dotty!

      Yes...aren't the erasers adorable! Yay Sam!

      I'll be watching the baby pine needles!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday, MaryAnn! Glad to see your day was filled with things you love.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a very joyful, happy birthday 🎈, MaryAnn. I love your socks and your bowlful of erasers. You are indeed awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise! The socks are pretty great!

      Delete
  4. Indeed awesome- I can tell even from this great distance! Happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's nice how social media makes distance seem insignificant!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday Mary Ann! Thanks for bringing JOY everyday,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lily! Looking for joy is a good thing!

      Delete