C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Unexpected Places

Thank you for the birthday greetings and well wishes. I'm still celebrating...I even got a couple more cards today. But I'm also celebrating color today.

It's color week for the Conscious Creativity course......sounds easy right?  I love celebrating the colors of each season...I collect and make colorful things....and I surround myself with color all over my home. 

But I have been charged this week to look for color in unexpected places.  It's been a challenge....and has become a bit of an obsession. In a good way. (Paul is walking in circles a lot on our morning walks.)

There is so much expected spring color...

and I will continue to celebrate that including this lawn of scilla.  This is a different one than the one I've been watching...and it took my breath away.

And I'm going to celebrate the tiny daffodils that are blooming in my garden...

and the grape hyacinths in my neighbor's yard. (There's Paul in the background.)

But I'm doing my homework and looking for color in unexpected places....

and I've become quite taken with the colors and textures on fire hydrants. 

Maybe some of you will find 
pops of color in unexpected places!

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, color in unexpected places. Thanks for the invite! I'm on it!!!

    I'm reminded of the teeny tiny bit of deep purple in the center of many Queen Anne's lace blossoms—so unexpected when I first learned of it.

    I love what you discovered in your explorations today, MaryAnn : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd be on it....I should have mentioned it earlier in the week.

      It wasn't that long ago I discovered that purple in the middle of Queen Anne's lace! It's so fabulous when color shows up where we don't expect it.

      Let's see what else we can find!

      Delete
  2. A former neighbor from the house next door planted loads of gardens in the backyard and bulbs around the trees in the front yard. Some of them were grape hyacinth. And you know? They spread, I assume by squirrel and bird transport) all over that yard. Then a couple years ago, we saw that they had "jumped" our driveway and are now also growing in our yard. Too funny! But they are a welcome pop of color early in our spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color travels! Thanks for sharing this great story Elle! I love it! Enjoy the spring color!

      Delete