C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Artichokes

"No one is more determined than a woman rearranging furniture by herself."  I'm not sure who said this....I can relate!

It was mostly a put things back together day in the condo and I'm discovering tasks and more cleaning that need to be done along the way. So putting things back is taking much longer than taking things out. But I'm just rolling with it.

I did forge out for a little field trip trying to interpret my Rhythm and Movement assignments....and my success is yet to be seen.

I made a quick stop at Trader Joes and was smitten with the color and texture of the artichokes. 

They leaves actually have a bit of rhythm.....so I'll take it as a win!


4 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, your whole day sounds like a tremendous win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha....you're right again! Thanks for keep me grounded Dotty!

      Delete
  2. The quote is hilarious! "If you give a mouse a cookie..." sound like the extra tasks you found :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it made you chuckle Kathy. The "give the mouse a cookie" analogy is exactly right...one thing always leads to another. But you should see how I handle either moving big things....or hanging heaving things when I'm by myself. There's ALWAYS a way!

      Delete