C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 31, 2022

Good Things

"Halloween: a day when we get it right. Strangers come to us, beautiful, ugly, odd, or scary, and we accept them all without question, compliment them, treat them kindly, and give them good things. Why don't we live like that?"  Steve Garnaas-Holmes  (posted by my friend Dana)

This is a photo cutout collage my sister Angie made years and years ago of Nate and Sam in some of their Halloween costumes.  

Homemade Batman and Robin continue to be my favorites. 
I've enjoyed my little Halloween display on my puzzle table....but it's about time to tuck it all away for another year.  I only had one little chunk left when I finished my morning coffee....but I walked away saving for later in the day.  


Then...later in the day it was done. Finally.  
Isn't it gorgeous!  Difficult....but beautiful! 


I was quite taken with this Japanese maple in its FULL glory.  
It was just glowing in the afternoon sun.


The translucent red leaves were amazing! 


And of course....I gathered some of the bright red leaves 
that were on the ground for my bowl.


I started this post talking about Angie...so I'll end talking about her too.  

Tracie sent me this photo of the tree they planted in Angie's honor in the park across the street from their home in Madison, Wisconsin.  It had a good summer...and it's getting ready to rest for the winter.

Thanks Tracie! You are one of those people who lives like it's Halloween all the time.....accept, compliment, treat people kindly....and give good things.  This tree is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment