C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Shared Art Postcards

Happy October!  My favorite month!






Here are all of my mastersheet shared art postcards. I haven't heard if anyone has received theirs yet....so they may be getting a little preview. The lower right one is mine....and it wasn't quite finished when I took this photo but I wanted to get the others in the mail earlier this week.  I posted my finished postcard yesterday. 


This is the one I sent to Becky.  She and I share a little history with Geninne Zlatkis, the artist who painted this bird.  And the little tiny colored circles are actually from one of Becky's coloring pages she gave me when I was visiting a few years ago.  


Becky's coloring sheet.


This is Tracie's.  I probably took the "robin" theme a little too literally....the sheet music was Irving Berlin's "When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bobbin Along." And I had to get a pop of purple in there....it's the color most celebrated in Tracie's household. The "definitely not perfect" on the left is her handwriting from a note she sent me with one of her art pieces and the brown scallops are from  Hallmark bag.  Yes, I save everything!


And this is Brenda's.  I ended up being quite fond of the geometrics of this one.  Most of the orange cutouts are from a calendar by an artist I admire...Susan Black. Brenda's got a little bird too....one of the black and white ones from Connie's calendar. 


Since I turned them into postcards....I was wondering how I would deal with the back. Rather than add another layer of paper....I painted a layer of gesso on the back and created large labels.  We'll see how they do in the mail. 
I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with....I'm expecting them all sometime next week. So stay tuned....and I wonder what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment