C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Generous Gift

"The world is full of magical things waiting patiently for our senses to grow sharper." W. B. Yeats

Paul and I walk by this patch of Chinese Lanterns on a regular basis...and I'm always on the lookout for one on the ground to pick up and take home. They dry beautifully....and keep their rich orange color.

On a recent walk I noticed the owner was just getting home....so I seized the moment to compliment her on her yard and beautiful gardens and tell her how much I love her Chinese lanterns.

I learned her name was Robin....and she offered to share.
I was pretty excited about her generous gift.


They add a nice pop of color to my bowl of fall findings on my table.


I pressed a small sumac branch...and it adds a little color too.
I love my fall collection.....along with all my special wabi-sabi gourds. You can read about my gourds in this series of posts:


I've been SLOWLY plugging along on my puzzle....it's really hard. If the colors weren't so fabulous.....I would have abandoned it long ago. But I was able to combine a few boxes...and did another round of ordering making it easier to search for pieces. My strategy changes on a daily basis.....and the challenge is good for me.

I've been looking for this piece for quite a while. This particular shape should have been easy to find.  It seemed I was looking for a piece with two outies around the corner from each other with and innie on the side and a pop of pink.

(That's a silly way to describe the puzzle piece.....I wonder how you would describe it.)

Instead....it looked like this. Two outies opposite each other with an innie on one side....and not much of a pop of pink at all. Phew! Now....I can't find the piece right above it. Time to move to another spot. It's still going to take a while....but there is joy in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment