C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 21, 2022

Collage Series

Following along with the October lesson from Rebecca Sower in Fodder School 2....I just finished a little collage series.  I became more confident mixing my own colors and learned new ways to paint and mark my own papers....and was reminded of the importance of value and design.  These are all things I've dabbled with....but am learning to apply them in a more deliberate way. There are things I would have done differently....but all in all I'm fairly happy with them....and it was a good chance to use some papercuts from my stash. 

The scheme is a little unusual for me....but I think they have an earthy fall look. They couldn't be more different than my recent funky faces. 

As a matter of fact....they do look like the fall colors I've been seeing lately....especially in the oaks.    

 

These are the two I like best. Now....what do I do with them?
Frames will make a big difference....they are just stitched onto nice watercolor paper....a clever matting tip Rebecca taught us.  They are 5 x 5 collages on 8 x 8 paper. 



2 comments:

  1. Gosh, MaryAnn, how I do love your color mixing. Those greens and pinks and then that gorgeous pop of red. Right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne.....much appreciated! It was a fun and informative process for me. They're yours if you have a spot for them. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them.

      Delete