C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 2, 2022

"Winter Tree"

Remember the limited pallett of papers that I talked about a week or so ago?  

http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/09/limited-pallette.html

Following along with a class by Rebecca Sower, I made my own "Winter Tree" collage using this limited pallett.

https://www.rebeccasowerart.com/ 


This is one of Rebecca's hand drawn birds she made available for the class.  
She also made a tree image available...but I used my own.


The winter tree I used was the large ginkgo tree that was in our yard in Lexington. I loved that tree....and I loved "ginkgo day"....when all the leaves fell in one day. Although the photo was very neutral when I started....I did print it with a filter that had some of the blue tones that bled into the image when I adhered it to the panel. I did use Rebecca's sealing technique....but it wasn't enough. This blue tone around the tree was not what I was going for....but it is what it is. Since there other tones of blue in the piece....I'm making peace with it.  It's also looks better person.


This is the original photo.


In all its glory!


What the yard looked like after the leaves fell.
Did I mention I loved ginkgo day?


All the sides have pieces of the painted papers. I enjoy Rebecca's teaching style...and her short easy to understand lessons gave me all kinds of tips for painting papers and collage. I'm excited to use more of these papers in my art....and of course I'm going to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment