C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Getaway

I'm spending a couple days with friends in Lexington...where Paul and I lived for 11 years before retiring back home in Portland.  We're at peak leaf season here in New England....and the drive down was just lovely.  

I stopped at a couple favorite local spots before having lunch with my dear friend Peggy. 

Wilson Farm does this pumpkin and gourd display on the front of their building every few years....and it's always fun to see it in person.     

  

I happen to catch one of the last days of a show at Gallery Twist...and that's always a treat.  The art is displayed all around this beautiful Victorian home....and and it always inspires.

Even the dining room table becomes a place for art.  There is something to see in every nook and cranny....I usually have to go around twice.


I met Peggy for lunch at Carleton Willard....where I spent many years helping my dear friend Connie who I've talked about her over and over on this blog. Her friend Peggy has become my friend....and we had a delightful visit and lunch. I even got a  quick hello from Muffy...another dear friend and artist I greatly admire.


I'm spending the night with Anita....my friend and walking buddy for all the years we lived here. We have endless things to talk about....and time with her is always is a good for my soul.

More friends....and more fun things to come tomorrow.  I won't have a chance to post until late tomorrow.....but it's going to be a great day.
It's good to have a little getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment