C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Funky Frame

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way....things I had no words for."  Georgia O'keeffe

I know I'll be stitching more funky faces....and other funky stitched things are rolling around in my head.....but I needed closure on this piece before I could move on. 

I was sure I was going to use a black pinstripe fabric for the binding because I thought it would give a nod to the black stitching in the piece. But after auditioning....it just wasn't right. Because I did so much painting...it really became more about the colors and patterns and less about the stitching. Lesson learned.

I went through my stash and decided that since the baubles were my favorite element...I wanted to lean into them.  Then when I found the orange and purple polka dot....and I knew it was right. It's the perfect funky fabric for my perfectly imperfect funky stitched face.


Can you see how the woods has changed?  It made the turn to mostly yellow a week or so ago...now it's rounding the corner to brown....and just glowing here in the morning light.


This is how the backyard looked in the late afternoon light. It won't be long before all the leaves will be down.....then I'll get to enjoy the dark silhouettes of the trees.  I love that too. The woods needs to rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment