C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Imperfection

"You don't need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfection."  (found here)

I'm at the point in my life where there is joy in my imperfection.  I just kind of wing it most of the time.....and on the good days I'm pretty happy doing whatever lands in my lap. 

I'm going to ramble just a bit in this post....so am going to share a few photos of this small sumac tree we saw on our walk....just to add a little color.  I love watching the sumac change in the fall.

I continue to be grateful to the people who follow along.  I've made some wonderful new friends who give me feedback and support....and it warms my heart when I hear from someone new.

This morning I got an email from Ruth in Canada asking me if she could use this little digital version of the bluebird on the mushroom I posted for a book she is making for her granddaughter.  The book about the little girls dear little stuffed monkey....who, during a staycation with grandma liked to watch the birds.  Of course she could use the image....there's joy in that!

Margie emails me on a regular basis.....but recently wrote a really sweet not about how happy she has gotten to really know the creative side of me...through the eyes of my blog.  

I visited her today....and we both commented about how lucky we are that our days are just packed with things that we enjoy doing. 

 And just a few days ago, I heard from Ida, one of the students who took my torn paper collage class last spring.  She's been following along since the class....and wondered if I was going to teach again.  That's a long story....but I was tickled that she reached out. 

I'm going to let this sit.....and watch it all shrivel up!

Speaking of imperfection.....here's a 3rd self portrait I played with today.  I kind of like the placement of that earing on the right.....that's what you get when you don't look at the paper.....much.  Gives it some charm.

I told Gina....the instructor, that I was inching my way towards a stitched face.  This one is still on paper....but the background is fused fabric on a piece of handpainted cardstock. I think I'm going to do at least one more on paper.....but will incorporate fabric AND stitch.  Then maybe try a stitched face.  

Thank you for following along....even with all my imperfections!

6 comments:

  1. I love that “sunflower” leaves photo. The edges of the leaves look like you did some machine stitching on them. Gotta love the imperfection of that - so filled with beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And now I'm going to watch it shrivel up into fabulous imperfection!

      Delete
  2. I read your blog for the colorful inspiration, and the incentive to try new things. Even if you don't post- which seems to be rare- I am in love with your background sunset/sunrise photo. The colors are just so gorgeous, rich and zen- and I am certain I have seen a version of this at one time or another. Thank you for the inspiration. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It makes me happy that you are finding color an inspiration here. This time of year....the inspiration is everywhere! Thanks Kathy!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing how your stitched face will look. And hearing what you liked about that process/technique.
    Will you use thread or just the needle holes? So many options! Varigated thread, solid thread? Yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several approaches taught in the class....and I may dabble in them all. I guess you'll have to wait and see. And that goes for me too....I will make it my own along the way. Stay tuned! Thank for staying in touch Elle!!!

      Delete