C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Wool Leaves

This first photo accomplishes two things: 

1. It shows the progress on the puzzle as of this morning. I'm working on the neon yellow circles which allowed me to connect some big pieces....and I celebrate things like that.

2.  The photo also features my new fall coaster/mug rug from Jody, my neighbor and friend.

When I was out in the neighborhood yesterday collecting grasses and leaves for gel printing and I struck up a conversation with Jody....who....in a roundabout way is responsible for us moving to this condo complex.  It's a long story....and I'm thrilled to be her neighbor.  She ended up inviting me in and I was BLOWN AWAY by her handmade fall runners, placemats and coasters....all made from wool  They just gorgeous.  

Jody gave me this one.....and it's perfect for my puzzle table....the embroidery on the wool leaves is incredible. 

Jody is one of those people who just needs to sew....and her collection is amazing! I'm going to have to go back to take a closer look...and I'm hoping for a lesson.  

This one was striking....I especially loved the free hand embroidery bittersweet in the middle.

  She nailed it!

I was especially fond of all the circles....with all the of layers, patterns, and stitches.  

Some were coasters...and others sewn together for runners....all fabulous.  This one had fabric mixed in....just what I want to do.


Some were like quilty....and some were buggy.


And just this evening after dinner....I found the one piece.....


....that completed a path from the top border to the bottom. 
I love moments like this!

1 comment: