C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Something To Watch

I'm calling it....I think these sumac leaves have done all the drying and shriveling they're going to do.  I've been watching them since October 11th.

I was surprised how well they kept their color and shape.....I expected them to just shrivel up. 

They're wabi-sabi beautiful!

I moved them off this pew board and into a bowl to enjoy for the rest of fall. There's a little background on this precious wabi-sabi board here in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2017/09/trash-or-treasure.html


And if you're new to the blog....one of my favorite stories ever is story of the actual pew....where this board came from.  You can read that here:

Sometimes Mother Nature leaves a little gift.....pun intended.  

Paul watched this leaf plop onto the freshly washed windows during today's rainstorm. I think Mother Nature was nudging him to pay attention. 

Now....I wonder how long it will stay.  Always something to watch.

When I did a search to find out when I arranged the sumac....this post came up where I made a fabric piece inspired by the fall sumac. At the time I thought I should have done it in batiks....still might sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment