C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Pure Magic

Today fabulous was a mix of things....including some long overdue house cleaning.  It was a beautiful early fall day....one of those days where whatever you did would be awesome.

I put some finishing touches on my latest self portrait....this time using both fabric and stitch in the background.  


The face is still printed cardstock and colored in with markers...then just glued on. But I think I'm ready for one all in stitch. I did play a bit with it today....but I have to put it aside.  Starting tomorrow.....I'm taking  a little road trip for a few days.  Stay tuned....I'll take you along.

I do love using this simple stitch technique I learned in a class a while ago.  It's just a wonky straight stitch....where I do quick little back and forth with my reverse lever to make the little dots.  I love the perfectly imperfect effect.


But maybe the most fabulous thing I did today...was visit with Patty in her backyard....she's just down the street. I just follow the pig parade.
Patty and Reid have a berm in their backyard that over looks the woods....and it's filled with fabulous hydrangea....birds and other blooms. You can see the mid summer tour here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/08/bookends.html 

I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves....it was pure magic.





Do you see our little friend?








Thanks Patty!  Back to cleaning.

2 comments:

  1. Patty’s backyard is stunning, and not just because hydrangeas are my favorite-of-all-time flowers. How wonderful that you get to enjoy it with her.
    P.S. - love that backstitch technique. Will have to get the the details. 🧵🪡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It's nice have her right down the street. I'll talk "stitch" anytime!

      Delete