C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Passionate

about puzzles!

Another perfect "in a funk" activity for me is a puzzle...and I'm making progress on the new one. If you're not a puzzle person you might want to stop right here...I'm going to ramble on a bit about strategies. Consider yourself warned. (that would be you, Paul)

First of all you have to figure out how you manage the extra pieces.

I'm one who doesn't like a lot of pieces on the table unless there's plenty of room...just the pieces I'm currently working with.  And I certainly don't like too many loose ones sitting inside the border. My table is pretty small so I use the "box-top tray" method and I stack them up on a TV tray next to my chair. This time I have 5 trays....and I keep consolidating as I make progress. Sometimes they are sorted in the box tops...sometimes not.

I think most people do the border first....and that's certainly the case with me. This one is a 1000 pieces so I have to work on it sideways because it's too tall for the table. If it was some sort of a scene this would drive me crazy.

You've got to start somewhere so first I pulled all the pieces that any dark purple, brown, or black in them because there were only a few and super easy to spot. Then I pulled all the pieces that had pink....then light blue. And that's where I left it before we drove up to Maine today. 

Maybe a little dose of Maine will help me get my mojo back...but I'll probably work on a puzzle here too. 

Last week when I was in Maine I completed this 500 piece one in 3 days that I borrowed from Linda. It practically put itself together. My side of the family has been posting our completed winter puzzles on Facebook.  It's been fun celebrating the Miller family's passion for puzzles! Kudos to anyone who made it to the end of this post....you probably have one going on your table too.


1 comment:

  1. Which one....the one I'm working on....or the one I borrowed and finished. They're both great.

    ReplyDelete